Panel session co-chairs: Kaatrin Abbott (NNSA-DOE, USA) & Kota Kawai (Mitsubishi Research Institute, Japan)
If you are looking for an opportunity to challenge your ability to conduct an interactive event in an international environment, we encourage you to share with us your panel session idea and apply to be a panel session manager for the IYNC2022 !
Panel sessions are approximately two hours long and feature three to four experts on a specific topic, or, depending on the format proposed, on multidisciplinary subjects.
As a panel session manager, you will be responsible for developing your idea and reaching out to experts in your topic area to invite them to participate, with support from the Panel Co-Chairs.
Need some inspiration for your panel idea? These are some potential topics:
- Nuclear Health and other nuclear applications.
- Communication with the public
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- The Closed Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Innovations & Challenges in Nuclear to Support Zero Net Carbon Emission Society Goals.
- Applications of SMR to Harmonize Society.
- Economic and Safety Advancements in the Construction and Operation of Nuclear Power Plants
- Communication Methods Post-COVID-19 to Enhance International Cooperation
Do you also need inspiration on the format? These are common panel sessions formats you may consider:
- TED Talk
- Coffee Shop Panel
- Opinion panel
- Q & A panel
Please bear in mind that these are just a few tentative themes. We encourage submissions on all topic areas and formats, even those not listed here – we are interested in highlighting unique and emerging issues in the nuclear sector. We are looking forward to your enthusiasm and new ideas!
If you have any further questions, comments, difficulties with accessing the Google form, or you want to discuss an IYNC2022 Panel Session Event in more detail, please contact the Panel Session Chairs with the subject line “IYNC2022 Panel Proposal”.